Tonight, after the fourth inning of the World Series, a glimpse was released of another upcoming game: the Quarter Quell edition of the Hunger Games. That’s right, folks—the third and final trailer of Catching Fire was released tonight, and in it, we see quite a lot that we haven’t seen before. Watch the trailer for yourselves, then stay tuned for the recap afterwards.
Here’s what’s new—what we haven’t seen in any trailer so far (spoilers abound!):
- We see Katniss climb to the top of the tallest tree in one of the twelve sectors.
- We see Katniss shoot an arrow into the sky.
- We can also clearly see the center of the arena from that vantage point.
- We also see Snow’s reaction to Katniss doing this. (Can I just say that Donald Sutherland is awesome? His facial expressions are so subtle, but so convincing.)
- It’s hard to tell whether this is the very shot that destroys the arena or not.
- We see waves crashing over the trees.
- We see Katniss about to touch the mist.
- We see Peeta provoking the primates. (Try saying that one ten times.)
- We see Katniss being “attacked” by the jabberjays—we can only assume that she hears Prim’s voice, because we aren’t able to hear it in the trailer.
In my mind, I’m probably assuming that I’ve seen some new footage that we haven’t yet seen, but I think this is it. Let me know if I have missed something in the comments!